Sports technology awards were founded in 2014 and now are in their fourth cycle. As with previous years, their panel has witnessed hundreds of entries, representing dozens of sports from each continent. The categories of sports technology awards reflect visionary work across each aspect of the sector, with the winners being presented in London, on May 4th, in front of audience consisting of senior industry figures, athletes and influencers. The awards strive to innovate beyond the ceremony, to this end the organizers introduced the UK’s first sports hackathon, run STA insights and in 2017 will reveal the Sports Technology Power list.
The big news is that the shortlist for 2017 sports technology awards is out. Over 70 sports were represented and submissions were received from over 30 countries from all over the world. The standards were as high as ever but even more international and varied. The innovations these entries represented were nothing short of very impressive, proving that this area of sports is one of the most exciting and we are delighted to be part of it.
We are jotting down the categories which were presented in those sports technology awards. They are mentioned below:
- Best Elite Sports Facility or Venue
- Rights Holder of the Year
- Outstanding Start Up
- Most Innovative Sports Partnership
- Most Innovative Fan Engagement Campaign
- Most Innovative Wearable
- Best Web Development
- Most Innovative Sponsor
- Best App
- Best Integrated Digital Media
- Best Innovative Live Sports Experience or Event
- Best Technology for Managers and Coaches – Performance
- Best Technology for Managers and Coaches – Athlete Welfare
- Sports Tech Young Exec
- Best Technology For Commercial Returns
- Best Participation Technology
- Best New Innovation
- Best Digital Product or Broadcast Innovation
- Best Technology for Fan Engagement
As for the judges panel, the sports technology awards has brought together people who led and influence thinking of the industry. Each judge assesses categories which fall within their area of expertise. This ensures that all winners are fairly chosen in a manner which is totally robust.