During the second annual Connect IQ Developer Summit, Garmin announced the launch of Connect IQ 3.0 for Garmin wearables, bike computers and other handheld devices. Connect IQ 3.0 will ensure better functionality for Garmin’s various lines of mobile devices.
Even though Connect IQ 3.0 launched only 3 years ago, it has more than 54 million app downloads for over eight million compatible devices. According to Garmin, Connect IQ 3.0 opens up Garmin’s sound player platform, allowing third parties to incorporate music, podcast, book recordings, and other content into Garmin-supported gadgets. Moreover designers will have the capacity to incorporate Garmin’s locally available maps into their applications with an extended notification system. These abilities provides inhanced smartwatch capacities to Garmin’s sports centered gadgets.
Here are some of the apps that were introduced at the Developer Summit
- MySwimPro: Personalized 6, 8 and 12 weeks training programs that will help swimmers take their training to a next level.
- Yelp by Garmin: Edge bike computer users will be able to find a place to ride for lunch
- Trailforks: This app helps mountain bikers download trails and routes to their Edge devices.
- iHeartRadio: This app supports offline playlists syncing for premium subscribers.
- GU data field: The new GU Data Field 2.0 alarms sprinters and bikers when to take a bundle of GU during the ride or run. In the new GU Data Field 2.0 form, the insight of the new notification update has been moved up to consider the athlete’s exertion as well.
If you have a Garmin device with Connect IQ do visit their website and explore different apps, data fields and watch faces.